Please check your email .
This client has a history stretching back more than 85 years, and are one of the world’s leading providers of diesel and gas engines. They aim to set the standards of engineering excellence, providing the most comprehensive range of innovative and reliable power solutions, tailored to meet the precise requirements of their customers.
An opportunity for a Development Engineer has become available in their Aftertreatment Component Engineering team within engineering. The Aftertreatment team design, release and validate the Aftertreatment components and systems needed to ensure their engines meet ever more demanding emissions requirements. The Development Engineer role is particularly important as they progress though the validation of their major NPI projects. The role ensures that components and systems are tested and validated so that they can deliver robust and durable products to their customers.
You would be responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of new and existing products and components. Exercises independent judgment with minimal from supervisor.
University degree or equivalent in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science or Materials Science curriculum. Advanced degree - preferred and Previous design experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
Verbal and written communication skills and analytical skills. Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations. Ability to perform details calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. Previous experience with computer applications and design software related to engineering field.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Conceive product design concepts. Prepare engineering drawings. Complete engineering design calculations, analysis, and computer simulation
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Creation of test / validation plans for Aftertreatment components and systems
* Analysis of relevant data from field machines or from within GED
* Investigating, understanding and fixing issues found during testing and validation (NPI issues)
* Working collaboratively with designers and the GED team to look for technical solutions
* Supporting creation of design FMEAs and ongoing maintenance
* Building solid relationships with key Aftertreatment suppliers
* Communicate results to customers, suppliers, team members, and other business units
* Contribute to the design of new products and processes Qualifications - Internal Required
* Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus relevant engineering experience Or
* Time-served apprentice with an Engineering or Materials Science HNC/HND qualification with previous relevant engineering experience. And
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to communicate effectively
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.