Please check your email .
Our client is looking to expand in a number of areas due to the fact that they have taken on a number of new and exciting projects. They are a leading producer of diesel and gasoline engines globally. The research team itself has expanded massively in recent years to account for increased demand and project activity. The successful candidate would be joing the team at an exciting time. The role on offer is likely to be extended if if the projects run to their expected length period.
Caterpillars Projects & Continuous Improvement Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve manufacturing processes and systems. The incumbent will play a key part of driving the Technical Services team standards and project delivery goals aligned to the business strategy. They will have a track record of establishing controlled processes and safe systems of work through to completion.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Management of facility continuous improvement projects in support of EHS and Process Excellence activities
* Managing handover and completion of facility improvement projects to support both Construction & Infrastructure and Asset & Reliability teams.
* Management of key sub contractors. SLAs, account management, auditing and benchmarking.
* Drive World Class maintenance strategy for the Stafford site, defining current state, risks, refurbishment plans and critical asset controls.
* Management and auditing of the Maintenance parts stores.
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of Intensive Care Monitoring (ICM) activities that support operational processes
* Development, monitoring and continuous improvement of technical services safety policies and standards.
* Developing a selected supplier list through benchmarking and supplier performance reviews alongside the Global Purchasing organisation.
* Report project status at key milestones to facility and business stakeholders.
* Perform technical analysis of manufacturing processes to support management decisions.
* Procure material and services related to manufacturing improvements through external suppliers.
* Respond to customer issues and lead process improvements.
Skills and Experience
* Degree in a Maintenance or Manufacturing Engineering related discipline or equivalent extensive experience.
* Track record of delivering sustainable improvements across multiple areas including Safety, PPM, Waste Reduction and Plant performance within an FMCG or manufacturing environment
* Knowledge of manufacturing concepts such as Lean, CI, Process auditing, Safety Management.
* Experience project managing manufacturing and / or construction projects.
* Must be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude to take ownership of issues / deliver sustainable improvements and be an effective team player with the ability to communicate across all functions within business
This role will not support sponsorship
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.