Please check your email .
Our client is looking to expand in a number of areas due to the fact that they have taken on a number of new and exciting projects. They are a leading producer of diesel and gasoline engines globally. The research team itself has expanded massively in recent years to account for increased demand and project activity. The successful candidate would be joing the team at an exciting time. The role on offer is likely to be extended if if the projects run to their expected length period.
The role is to provide calibration support and technical direction to the Performance, economy and emissions engine test & validation team supporting program delivery. The engineer will have responsibility for conducting engine calibration, rating development, and sign off. This requires a good understanding of diesel engine development, calibration, testing and testbed problem solving. It is a day to day hands on role and the candidate must have 5-10 years test experience which reflects this.
1) Demonstrable diesel engine, aftertreatment, and control systems strategy understanding.
2) Experience in combustion, performance, and economy calibration development of diesel engines.
3) Experience of conducting engine/aftertreatment test and calibration and performance development to support overall program requirements.
4) Planning, managing and delivery of tests to tight time scales.
5) Experienced in the use of testbed software, calibration tools , emissions measuring equipment and test data logging systems.
6) Experience of checking data quality, test result integrity and repeatability, and conducting DOE's.
7) Ability to problem solve, analyse data & formally present & report on the outcome.
8) Ability to investigate root cause of issues, write test requirements, test procedures, and test reports.
9) Good communication, interpersonal skills, self confidence and a 'passion for product engineering' are personal qualities needed to succeed in this high pressure environment, being self motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision
This role will not support sponsorship
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.