Please check your email .
Manufacturing Engineer - Electrical /Electronics Engineering
My client is seeking an Electrical/Electronic domain knowledge expert within the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering team to provide technical knowledge and support to the electrical production line within the Nailsea manufacturing facility, as well as providing the focal point between engineering and manufacturing.
- Domain knowledge expert in electrical/electronic engineering design with manufacturing experience to act as the focal point between engineering and manufacturing – liaise with Systems AMEs and Product MEs.
- Drive design for manufacture and lessons learnt implementation at the initial engineering design stage for non-NPI products and work alongside engineering to guide the design through to the first off builds on the production line.
- Point of contact and active participant in non-NPI related product design and design reviews performing upfront analysis of engineering documentation to ensure design for manufacture, plant capabilities and lessons learned are considered to ensure a robust, manufacturable product is established.
- Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities in cost of poor quality (COPQ) projects, product yield improvements and productivity.
- Responsible for the development of assembly processes, procedures and work instructions.
- Develop technical solutions to manufacturing issues and gain buy in from engineering team where required.
- Leads the first off build on project work.
- Take ownership when investigating performance issues to root cause, implement and validate effectiveness of solutions in line with customer expectations.
- Participation in process mapping activities to identify manufacturing risks and optimize build/test processes.
- Develop site receipt test reports for services work.
- Coaching and mentoring of Product ME’s.
- Continuous improvement and lean are critical activities for this role.
- Experienced in Electrical / Electronics design engineering.
- Experienced Manufacturing Engineer from an electrical or electronics background.
- Must have an excellent level of understanding of electrical/electronic assembly and interactions.
- Excellent level of understanding of process and design.
- Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean techniques, ERP & Quality Management System.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.