Please check your email .
My client is currently looking for a Technical Architect for a 3 month contract based in Portsmouth
The technology solution architect will:
- Assist Business Solutions in defining, at a high level, solutions to business problems, aligned to the Business Architecture structure and scope, particularly the deployment of Tableau, migration of current Cognos Estate to a SaaS based Tableau, establishment of a data lake in AWS.
- Within their delivery workstream, be accountable for end to end solution design, including presentation of solution options
- Create conceptual and high level solutions within the delivery workstream which can be used both for costing purposes and then for handover to delivery partners
- Create and document those end to end solutions to a level, that includes any application and integration changes that are required (not detailed design, but at a level where the impact on each application and interface is defined)
- Ensure that those solutions make appropriate reuse of existing assets (API's, reuse of integration elements etc.)
- Ensure that those solutions are future-proof and align with strategy
- Ensure all environmental considerations are understood and documented
- Ensure that solutions and designs adhere to the principals set out by Enterprise Architecture and that they are progressed through appropriate governance
- Ensure that delivery and testing constraints are incorporated into technology solutions
- Proactively bring new technology ideas to the workstream and subsequently the business leads
- Ability to work with Enterprise Architecture roadmaps and strategic direction of the company
- Detailed understanding of technologies appropriate to their workstream, particularly in Analytics platforms like Tableau and Cognos, generic solution design for business problems in Digital space
- Very good understanding of the solution architecture design processes and domains of change involved
- Good understanding and experience of deploying analytics solutions such as Tableau
- Good understanding and experience of deploying Cloud (AWS) based solutions
- Ideally experience of working within lean / agile teams in multi-model environments
- Experience of presenting solutions at a senior level and to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of producing costings for IT components / services of the overall solution
- Experience in solution architecture in distributed and cloud environments
- Good working knowledge of TOGAF, preferably certified in TOGAF 9.1
- Good understanding of utilities and energy markets
- Good understanding of domains of change in IT - Services, Processes, Capabilities, Data, Applications, Technology and Security
- Hand-on experience in technology and applications architecture as part of solution designing
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.