Please check your email .
£70,000 + 10% bonus + car allowance + additional
This rare opportunity will give you the chance to work for an industry leading high performance engine brand, you will head up a team who work through to cradle to grave development of innovative Powertrain solutions.
You will take ownership of tasks and projects and work with their global client base to deliver exceptional performance. If you feel you have the right ambition and ability we welcome your application. As an experienced Performance and Emissions Development Engineer you will be able to deliver engineering capabilities and lead an
Purpose of Job
- To lead the P&E function, ensuring high client satisfaction and a profitable and efficient function.
- To develop sales leads, ensure successful contribution of the function to client projects, and lead and develop the technical capabilities of the P&E function.
- To contribute to the group's R & D activities and programmes as required.
- Sales and Business Development
- Identify sales and business opportunities for P&E development activities.
- Work with Business Development and the sales teams to present to new and existing clients and win new and repeat business.
- Develop technical resources to support new and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to multi-function projects and provide business proposals and quotations to customer requests.
- Manage the function ensuring maximum utilisation,efficiency and profitability whilst maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure quality standards are met and improvements planned and achieved.
- Responsible for guiding future strategic technical direction
within the P&E function and monitoring market, legislative and customer trends in engine technology.
- Responsible for technical processes and initiate and sign-off new developments within the function.
- Ensure skills development and technical resources are in line with budget requirements, project plans and long-term skills for product and technology developments.
- Provide coaching and leadership in technical skills development.- Oversee projects to ensure objectives of quality, cost and timing are met and provide technical direction to projects where required.
- Define project work scopes with the Project dept and clients, develop detailed plans and co-ordinate resources
- A Degree in Engineering with extensive powertrain petroleum development experience
- A postgraduate qualification / Chartered status would be an advantage
Skills and Experience
- Relevant experience in the field of powertrain petroleumdevelopment engineering
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to supervise and motivate others
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Detail conscious with an appreciation of customer requirements
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must be self motivated and the possess the drive to complete tasks in a timely manner and with appropriate attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict time constraints
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to customer sites for both long and short durations
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.