Please check your email .
Materials / Manufacturing Engineer
As Ireland's third largest city spanning both banks of the river Lee with its Victorian architecture and meandering waterways, Cork is a beautiful place to be. With great local produce and restaurants to visit all on offer for one year with this contract!
Our client, a FTSE 100 organisation and one of the largest companies in the world are in need of Materials engineers to join its team at its site in Cork, Ireland.
Hours are 8.5 Mon-Thurs and 5hrs Fri 39 hrs per week
This is a one year contract role based in Cork, Ireland
Up to 36 euro phr
We are looking for a Materials Engineer.
Technical role in in the Cluster Material Development group. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development and validation of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
What you will be doing:
• Technical leadership in the execution of new product development projects
• Lead the introduction of end to end additive manufacturing processes
• Generate procedures to implement new manufacturing processes
• Act as SME for specific process steps
• Provide technical input to Risk assessments
• Conduct detailed product / process design reviews
• Perform materials charactiersation and technical reports on materials/process analysis activities
• Lead Feasibility and Cost improvement projects in the materials development group
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies
• Conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost
• Apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk
• Project management responsibility for Material Development projects
• Support root cause analysis activities related to material processes
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D and academic institutions
• BSc in Mechanical, Biomedical or Materials Engineering or Science and 3+ years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry
• Project management experience
• Experience in additive manufacturing
• Extensive statistical and problem solving engineering expertise (Six Sigma, SE or A3)
• Surface Science Characterization Expertise (XRD, SEM, EDX etc)
• Previous experience in New Product introduction
All candidates need to be eligible to work in the UK/Ireland.
If you fancy working in Ireland for a year then please apply for this role today!
If this role sounds of interest please Ben Williams at ARM Recruitment on 02392228262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.