Please check your email .
Pre Sales InfoSec Consultant
We are looking for an experienced senior security consultant to join my client’s niche Cyber Sales team.
Home based with 1-2 days a week in the Midlands
Salary & benefits:
£55-60k + Benefits (+£4.8k car allowance, 4% Pension, bonus, healthcare, 25 days holiday)
Mobile & laptop provided for this role.
My client has offices in the UK and US and employs people globally. It delivers cutting edge cyber security services to some of the largest and most widely trusted organisations in the world. It helps organisations understand the risks from cyber and provide proactive guidance on how to reduce this risk through a series of professional services engagements.
My client has historically focused on delivering professional services, and is transitioning in to 24x7 managed security services business that delivers proactive detection and response services around the clock.
The role will report directly to the Pre Sales Team Leader. The Pre Sales Consultants will support the sales team by delivering pre sales assistance to help close business. This will be delivered both onsite in front of clients as well as remotely over the telephone.
Candidates will be able to articulate information and cyber security risk management concepts to a non-technical audience. You will support account managers by acting as a bridge between sales teams and My client’s Information Security Consulting (ISC) team, and will maintain a working knowledge of the services they deliver.
You will work closely with the ISC team to ensure you are able to scope engagements correctly, articulate the benefits of our services to prospective clients, and contribute to the creation of proposals.
We’re not just selling boxes, and so the ISC pre-sales consultant must be able to understand client challenges and translate these into service offerings and solutions. You will be able to lead clients, and be confident to challenge their approach in order to guide them towards the best solution, not simply responding to their requests. You will understand how to position consultancy services and articulate the value and expertise that My client provides.
You will capture sufficient detail during the pre-sales process to support the delivery of an engagement by the ISC consultant.
It is expected that suitable candidates will have a good all-round understand of IT, networking, information security, governance, risk management, and compliance.
My client will provide adequate training to help the presales consultant develop across all of the lines of business.
• Certification in an information security discipline (CISSP, CISM, CISA, ISO27001 LA/LI, PCI QSA etc), or equivalent demonstrable experience
• High-level understanding of
o PCI DSS
• Soft skills
o Strong presentation skills and experience interacting with management and C-Level
o Ability to challenge and guide a client towards the best solution, not just respond to their request
o Articulate information and cyber security risk management concepts to a non-technical audience
• Pre-sales experience (I’ve put this under desirable, as personally I feel it’s more feasible to take an experienced GRC person with an understanding of sales and upskill them, versus doing the opposite)
• Hands on experience in a role as a consultant in any of the following areas: Audit, governance, risk, compliance, information security management, security product sales or implementation
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Understanding of Penetration Testing, Incident Response, and SOC services
• Undertake all ISC pre-sales calls and meetings within their specialism
• Provide accurate scoping information for the sales and delivery teams
• Uncover new leads during the pre-sales process and load into CRM for action by the account manager
• Ensure the highest possible rate of conversion of opportunities to ‘won’ business
• Periodically develop and refresh the technical elements of sales proposals relating to their specialism
• Be prepared to deliver presentations during the sales cycle
• Maintain a working understanding of ISC service offerings and methodologies, and contribute ideas based on conversations with clients
• Work with the Head of ISC to maintain a structured approach to scoping
The ISC Pre-Sales Consultant will also be required to
• Remain up-to-date with specialist skills and market trends
• Remain current with all required accreditations and certifications
• Undertake rudimentary training in other technical pre-sales specialisms in order to provide cover as required
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The following groups represent the expected primary working relationships required for this job role.
• Pre-Sales Team Leader
• Head of ISC
• Head of Sales / Head of Strategic Accounts / Head of Business Development
• US Operations
• All Technical Teams
BONUSES AND PERFORMANCE REWARDS
The role will be eligible for a quarterly bonus based on target conversion rates of pre-sales opportunities following the 6-month probationary period being passed.
The bonus will be paid quarterly in arrears.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.