Please check your email .
Simulink/Matlab Software Engineer
6 months + renewals
The individual will work within a team in the Guidance, Control & Navigation (GCN) department, under the technical authority of a GCN specialist.
• The objective of the role is to re-instantiate GCN algorithms, currently specified in Statemate, in Matlab/Simulink. • Statemate is a legacy graphical programming tool developed by IBM, which has now been discontinued. Like Matlab/Simulink, Statemate can automatically generate executable C code from the models. It can also automatically generate viewable exports of the models, in the form of PDF documents. These documents allow non Statemate users to visualise and navigate through Statemate models, using hyperlinks.
• Knowledge of Statemate is not required for this role. The PDF export of the algorithm specification will be used as the master definition for the algorithms. This PDF export contains block diagrams, state charts and pseudo-code.
• Knowledge of GCN techniques is not a prerequisite for the role. GCN experts will provide specialist support when required.
• Task breakdown: o For each software task, convert the algorithms specified in Statemate to Matlab/Simulink, in compliance with our Client’s Code of Practice.
o Verify the Matlab/Simulink implementation of each task (unit testing). This will be achieved by simulating engagements in the DRM (Dynamic Reference model, which embeds the C code implementation of the algorithms, auto-generated from Statemate, and a representation of the real world), by recording the inputs to and outputs from each task at each simulation time step, and by replaying each engagement through the Matlab/Simulink implementation, via a test harness, to check that both implementations produce identical outputs. The simulated engagements will need to be wide ranging such that a code and decision coverage of 100% is achieved across all the engagements.
The Matlab code coverage tool will be used for this task. o Integrate the unit tested tasks inside the Simulink Software architecture and verify the end-to-end implementation of the algorithms, using the same methodology as above. o Produce a verification report.
Additional Job Details:
Skills • University Degree with a strong mathematical background. • Proficiency in the use of Matlab/Simulink; in particular experience of developing programs in Simulink, embedded Matlab language, and Stateflow, which are suitable for automatic code generation and execution on a real-time platform.
• Experience of developing code in the C programming language; in particular S-functions for execution within Simulink. • Ability to communicates clearly, concisely, accurately both verbally and in writing.
• Experience of working in a team. • Substantial analytical and problem solving skills.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.