Please check your email .
This amazing company is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through thier work, they make a positive difference in the world.
You will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of our design commissions for thier major clients including Network Rail, contractors (in a design and build context) and other agencies such as Train Operators, Councils, Passenger Transport Executives and academic institutions.
Current multidisciplinary projects include Transpennine Route Upgrade – West of Leeds, major remodelling / enhancement GRIP 5-8 schemes with contractors and numerous GRIP Stage 1-4 commissions for Network Rail, HS2 Ltd, Merseytravel, TfGM and TfN.
The Role -
Ensuring the successful delivery of technically excellent multidisciplinary rail projects and bids across our UK portfolio, you will be responsible for, and typical activities will include:
· Determining the OLE design requirements from our client brief and be able to make sound decisions and propose the right design solution.
· Produce the required OLE design to multidisciplinary design teams on large or medium sized projects.
· Checking the OLE designs and calculations within implementation and renewal projects.
· Sharing knowledge, best practice and innovation across our business, providing guidance, training and feedback with other related disciplines and skills, locally and across the UK.
· You will have the freedom to work independently, managing your own personal development utilising our in house and external training opportunities.
Essential Skills and Knowledge -
Experience in the the production of Overhead Line Equipment Feasibility, Scheme and Detailed Design reports, layouts, schematics and calculations (including switch and crossing renwal and remodleling, cross-sections, sectioning, bills of qualities, Earthing and Bonding) within multidisciplinary rail projects.
Competent in the production of drawings using CAD (e.g. Bentley MicroStation) software.
Competent in the use of design software (e.g. PROL and ELFF).
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
Experience in undertaking site surveys / site visits and reporting on asset condition.
Understanding of Third Rail and other railway electrification systems.
Understanding and experience in Traction Supply and Distribution.
Understanding of structural and geotechnical principles associated with OLE equipment design.
An appropriate HNC / HND or equivalent qualification.
Ideally, an associate member of the IMechE or IET.
Working toward Incorporated Engineer with the IMechE or IET or similar would be an advantage.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.