Please check your email .
Operation And Maintenance Information Specialist
Contract £280 per day
18 Month Contract
My Client is looking for a Operation and Maintenance Information Specialist to support the management of information for handover from Crossrail demonstrating to Operators, Maintainers and industry regulators that they have received all the information needed to accept and safely run CRL assets.
To facilitate this, CRL have developed a digital structure and set of template enablers for the delivery of Operation and Maintenance (O&M) information at the facility, Primary Functional Unit (System), Functional Unit (Sub System) and asset/equipment level. The principle purpose of this role is to assist the Handover Information Manager in implementing the O&M information requirements, supporting the delivery and compliance of information by site teams relating to Crossrail assets in this structure. This role will help ensure a consistent and compliant set of O&M information that enables the operators and maintainers to accept and safely operate CRL assets.
- Support the Handover Information Manager in the resolution of issues relating to the capture and management of information required for handover
- Work with and support the O&M Information Coordinator in providing the guidance to CRL project sites in the provision and accurate review of O&M information.
- Participate in, and take lead, resolving issues relating to the delivery of information through processes directly managed by the Handover Information Team.
- Assist Delivery where required in the analysis and management of information required for handover
- Work with the Document Control and Asset Teams following the processes in place for building the digital environment to manage O&M information.
- Input the information and data required for reporting and KPIs on tracking O&M Information submission, review and readiness.
- Facilitate compliance reviews with the Compliance Manager on behalf of the Handover team to ensure that O&M Manual information is compliant with the requirements, as well as reviewing conclusions and reporting any recommendations for improvement.
- Investigate inconsistencies in data and information models, ensuring final metadata and categorisation is compliant with approved Handover model
- Ensure the availability of up to date O&M guidance material, providing guidance and support to all Crossrail staff on O&M information processes and structure.
- Take minutes at meetings, circulate notes and update actions and concerns lists
- Provide guidance to ensure the virtual structures for Handover in eB are clearly understood and properly utilised by document controllers working within Crossrail
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Ensuring Crossrail get consistent and reliable O&M information from multiple contractors and diverse supply chain
- Understanding and managing the scale and diversity of the information model in Crossrail
- Assisting in implementing effective processes of controlling data and information within eB
- Ensuring the various organisations and departments are engaged and providing the input to the areas for which the information owner is responsible
- Undertaking specific handover activities consistently and in a timely fashion, which will often require getting and processing appropriate information from others
- Undertaking specific administrative tasks accurately and reliably to meet the specified requirements
- Controlling a workload from diverse areas to meet conflicting deadlines
- Responding quickly to changing priorities and deliver professional results to tight deadlines, supporting handover coordination across contracts within Crossrail
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- All staff in the Department team and the Delivery Directorate
- Corporate and Technical Teams within the CRL integrated organisation
- Attend and arrange meetings with Stakeholder's representatives
- Attend and arrange meetings with Tier 1 Contractors and their suppliers
- Experience in writing or compiling O&M Manuals is essential
- Managing or being involved with handover of information from delivery to operations in rail industry or other major engineering infrastructure projects is essential
- Experience in working with eB essential and eB Director an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Information Management principles including the capture of requirements and analysing gaps
- Experience planning and driving meetings involving multiple stakeholders and driving follow-up actions to completion
- Must be a team player with a flexible and can-do approach, strong work ethics, good interpersonal skills and takes initiative
- Good keyboard skills, telephone skills and an excellent standard of spoken and written communication and good competency in numeracy and literacy
- Ability to manage large sets of data in Excel using formulas and use of other advanced features is essential
- Intermediate to advanced use of Microsoft Office Suite:
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.