Please check your email .
Technical Sales Engineer
Our Client has been the leading developer of electrical power system design, analysis, and
real-time software solutions for nearly 30 years. As they grow, they're continually looking
for bright, energetic, go-getters to enhance their team. Our Client offers the career stability
of an established company, but – because they're growing 30% per year – they also offer
the fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a start up.
Overview of role
The Sales Engineer/Business Development Manager will be responsible for managing the sales effort within the assigned customer base. The successful candidate will utilise exceptional technical knowledge to
recommend product solutions to potential customers while cultivating new relationships and maintaining current customer relationships. The role offers the opportunity to work, gain training and experience as part of a growing and dynamic UK based engineering team supporting a range of industry sectors.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for achieving the assigned sales quota and managing his/her sales effort within the customer base assigned;
• Make regular sales calls to develop relationships, follow up on leads and establish long-term, ongoing relationships;
• Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations;
• Develop sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services;
• Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & governmen regulations;
• Provide necessary reports requested by management in a timely manner;
• Communicate with colleagues, management, Clients, vendors, and others in a professional manner;
• Understanding of and compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions;
• Conform with all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Professional selling experience in high-tech or service related industry preferred;
• Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas;
• Experience of financial and commercial contract negotiations;
• Good business acumen with the ability to understand industry dynamics, the competitive environment and customer business drivers;
• Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills;
• Self driven, motivated and results oriented;
• Previous work experience in an international business environment;
• Experience with ETAP or other power system analysis software preferred
• Experience with CRM preferred
• Computer skills related to the creation of reports and presentations in MS
Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
• BEng in Electrical Engineering
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.