Please check your email .
Technical Support Engineer
Our Client has been the leading developer of electrical power system design, analysis, and
real-time software solutions for nearly 30 years. As they grow, they're continually looking
for bright, energetic, go-getters to enhance the team. This company offers the career stability of
an established company, but, because they're growing 30% per year – they also offer the
fast-paced, dynamic work environment of a start up.
Overview of role
The Senior Electrical Engineer serves a lead engineer and undertakes power system
analysis and design whilst providing expert technical
support. The role offers the opportunity to work, gain training and experience as part of
a growing and dynamic UK based engineering team supporting a range of industry
sectors. This is fantastic opportunity to part of a dynamic enthusiastic and growing team
within the UK Power Industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for performing power system analysis and design covering a range
• Undertake electrical system analysis and studies including load flow studies,
short circuit studies, motor starting, harmonic analysis and protection studies.
• Support development activities including product support, software
testing, and other related tasks.
• Proactively assist with product technical support, technical demos and
• Attend industry lead events including the management of exhibitions, seminars,
• Communicate with colleagues, management, Clients, vendors, and others in a
• Understanding of and compliance with all regulations, policies, work procedures,
• Conform to all safety rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Relevant experience in electrical power system analysis and design;
• Capability to utilize standard engineering and mathematical concepts and
principles in the
• design, coding, and testing of software components;
• Working knowledge of ETAP and other power system analysis software
• Proficiency in modelling and analysis for industrial and distribution power
• Familiarity with Power Management System concepts and applications;
• Strong analytical skills for use in response to technical queries from Clients;
• Computer skills related to the creation of reports and presentations in MS Word,
• MS PowerPoint;
• BEng in Electrical Engineering (power modules required)
• MEng in Power System Engineering (preferred)
• CEng is an advantage
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.