Please check your email .
Established in 2001 this client is a leading manufacturer for tooling and lightweight component solutions.
With a reputation for excellence built on decades of engineering experience and a dedication to dynamic working practices, they supply their clients with an innovative and industry-leading service. They work with clients who operate at the very top of their fields. In an environment where exceptional performance is standard, their high speed machining technology and unparalleled expertise, in both thermoplastic and composite tooling, sets them apart. An opportunity has now arisen for a Senior Setter/ Technician to join them.
Due to the nature of the position you must have 3-5 years' experience within plastic injection moulding manufacturing.
SUMMARY - MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
• To set up and trouble shoot plastic injection moulding tools.
• To comply with the standard operating disciplines, practices, procedures and documentation.
Working knowledge of:
• Hot runners systems. (training provided)
• Sequential Valve gate systems. (training provided)
• Hydraulic core sequences. (training provided)
• 3 axis robots. (training provided)
KEY TASKS IN THIS ROLE:
• To conduct the first trials of new production tooling for parts that are intended to be manufactured in serial production.
• To provide constructive and detailed feedback on the performance of the tooling and to take part in first sample reviews of production mouldings to set the objectives for future trials.
• To provide a support role to production – assisting in the resolution of issues with application of process troubleshooting techniques.
• To participate and assist in training of the technical team to promote a culture of knowledge sharing and continued personal development.
• 3-5 years’ Setting within plastic injection moulding manufacturing.
• Experience with moulding various materials.
• Mould Setting PTIC (polymer training) Level 2 or Level 3, (preferred but not essential).
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in injection mould processing. (preferred but not essential)
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• Computer literate Microsoft – Word, Excel MRP II Systems (basic use)
• Concepts of quality control.
• Must be capable of working well as part of a team or individually.
If you have any questions about the role that you wanted to address before applying, feel free to get in touch, my direct number is 02392 228249, and I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.