Please check your email .
£35,000 - £40,000
My client is seeking a Cost Controller to work within their finance function and will have day- to- day exposure to senior management and Project Managers.
- Ensure commitments and costs incurred on Design & Build and Services contracts are accurately reflected in the job cost ledger and monthly reporting.
- Ensure that un-invoiced costs are validly and accurately accrued
- Compile payment certificates for all sub-contract payments which accurately reflect past payments made, % of claims accepted and variation orders accepted, pending and rejected.
- Review forecast costs to complete on Design & Build contracts with Project Managers and business controller on a monthly basis, arriving at an independent opinion of the accuracy of the costs forecast to completion and risks remaining on the contracts; based on this independent assessment, be confident and persistent in explaining the assessment and reasons for having arrived at that conclusion.
- Update and control of main projects cost report in ERP system.
- Assist Project Managers in completing detailed monthly contract reporting, including analysis/quantification of contract risks.
- Challenge Project Managers based on information and figures extracted from the system.
- Regular review and updating of contract cash flow forecasts.
- Open and maintain contract accounting files for each D&B contract (including copies of all contracts, major subcontractors, variations to contracts and milestone invoicing issued to customers)
- Quickly develop an understanding of commercial risks on contracts and how these risks may impact upon company Profit & Loss account and / or cash flows.
- Work with Risk Management department to obtain Parent Company Guarantees and / or bank guarantees as required for contracts.
- Manage collection and release of bank guarantees provided by subcontractors.
- Work with Financial Controller on a quarterly basis to ensure timely and accurate reporting of Off Balance Sheet commitments.
- Fully qualified with a recognised professional accounting body.
- Previous experience of accounting for long term contracts.
- Able to understand and interpret complex construction/engineering contracts, identifying inherent risks and assessing the likelihood of such risks crystallising and the impact of such on Profit and Loss account and cash flow.
- Possess excellent spreadsheet skills and good general IT literacy.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with Project Managers, Senior Engineers and Senior Management.
- Demonstrate an ability to problem solve.
- An understanding of basic concepts of treasury accounting (e.g. forward currency hedge accounting) would be an advantage.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.