Please check your email .
Lead Software Test Engineer
• Reporting to the Software Manager, providing hands-on technical leadership of a small team software test engineers.
• Ensuring requirements are translated correctly into cohesive verification solutions.
• Experience of verifying embedded firmware with or without an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
• Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#) test cases
• Verification of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
• Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
• Excellent written and verbal communicationOpportunities-
• Contribution in the definition of product and software/firmware architecture and design decisions.
• Potential to work upon the development, programming and debugging of software including:o Embedded platforms (including use of instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, logic analysers, etc.)o Mobile/Tablet platforms (e.g. Android, iOS, Linux).o Web applications (e.g. Java, C#, Spring, Maven, etc).o Desktop software (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio).
• Verification and testing of software/firmware (e.g. Robot Framework).
• Experience Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry standard software (e.g. Cantata, CppUnit, LDRA).
• Instrumentation and stubbing of code to enable unit testing.
• Software programming language experience (C/C++).
• Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
• Experiencing of automated software testing techniques and Continuous Integration
• Solid commercial experience with demonstrable effective project leadership using SW verification techniques and reviews
• Verification of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
• Experience of testing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
• Knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
• Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
• Time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
• Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites
• Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.