Please check your email .
Lead Software Engineer
My client is recruiting a Lead Software Engineer to support projects in industries such as automotive (including F1), metrological, Hydrology and oil & gas. As a Lead Engineer, you will take the technical lead on projects, and guide early career engineers. You will present to senior leaders and to cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
• Reporting to the Software Manager, providing technical leadership of small teams of software engineers.
• Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
• Experience of implementing embedded firmware with an RTOS (e.g. uC/OS, Free RTOS).
• Development of embedded software/firmware (C/C++/C#)
• Implementation of digital communications protocols (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, RS485, SPI, I2C)
• Debugging and problem investigation of software/firmware
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Solid commercial experience with demonstrable effective project leadership using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews
• Developing drivers (C++/COM) for embedded systems.
• Development of STM32 and similar microprocessor and microcontroller software
• Strong knowledge of hardware level interfacing (e.g. device drivers)
• Production of architectural and detailed designs
• Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities
• Awareness of cybersecurity related issues and potential countermeasures
• Work within an Agile development environment – ideally seasoned Scrum Master qualified
• Low-Level (Unit) Testing (LLT) using industry recognised software.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.