Please check your email .
Health And Safety Manager
Contract - Dec 2019
Rate - NEG
Working to improve health & safety performance of Crossrail and its contractors in line with Crossrail's Target Zero principles. The post will work within either area delivery or health & safety specialist teams, this post-holder will maintain strong relationships with Area Delivery Directors and others to ensure a consistent approach is taken with regards to health & safety management.
- Manage a team of health & safety professionals to improve health & safety performance within the programme.
- Advise Delivery Teams on health & safety matters and assist them to discharge their duties.
- Ensure all sites in their area are subject to surveillance, inspection and audits as per the agreed master schedule, records kept, and data uploaded into the appropriate systems.
- Collaborate closely with contractors to enable them to understand and deliver their commitments under the contract with regards to health and safety standards and taken appropriate action when required.
- Provide guidance to teams on conducting data analysis to identify trends and implement improvement plans to address emerging issues.
- Consider contractor health and safety performance and identify relevant leading indicators to improve H&S performance and monitor/report on same.
- Assist other health & safety teams with sharing of best practice, positive safety performance and learning from incidents.
- Produce required reports and presentations in a timely manner and to an agreed standard.
- Deliver Target Zero initiatives across the area of responsibility maintaining a common approach with other health & safety teams.
- Advise Directors of their duties under CDM and allocate resources to assist and advise on CDM and risk documentation in meeting CRL's Client, CDM-C and Designer responsibilities.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others' health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Crossrail Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
- Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
Main Challenges of the Job
- Multiple contractor interfaces with varying levels of safety performance.
- Improving health & safety performance over a number of contractors and site locations.
- Working imbedded in delivery teams and maintaining common approach with other health & safety professionals in other teams.
- Balancing a variety of priorities to ensure timely delivery in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Developing a collaborative approach to encouraging improvements in health & safety performance.
Dimensions & Interfaces (both internal and external)
- Manage a team of up to five safety professionals.
- Maintain good close working relationship with Director(s).
- Maintain good working relationships with Project Managers.
- Maintain strong relationships with contractor representatives and advocate a collaborative approach to achieving Target Zero.
- Liaison with enforcement authorities, utility companies and stakeholders as required and following agreed guidelines.
- Maintain regular interface with and support to the central health & safety functional team.
- Significant experience in heavy construction health & safety management at a senior level.
- NEBOSH Diploma, degree or equivalent in Occupational Health & Safety Management.
- Experience of large civil engineering and rail projects.
- Experience of incident investigation (preference for TOPSETT training).
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.