Please check your email .
2 months +
My client is currently looking to recruit a SQL DBA to assist with a major data migration project. This contract is initially for 2 months with the possibility of extension
* Microsoft SQL Server Database Administration
* SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services).
* Also a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Main Purpose of the Job
The post holder is responsible for Support and Maintenance of the Enterprise systems that fall within their area of specialist I.T expertise.
* The post holder will provide innovative and sound technical solutions to the disparate problems that will inevitably arise on the systems within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation.
* The post holder will evaluate best practices and implement fault tolerant and automated processes. These processes will automate complex tasks which otherwise would have used valuable human resources, and if performed incorrectly could have led to system failure and costly error correction.
* The post holder will be able to fully utilise those tools available and to write custom code to automate the monitoring and administration of the servers' supporting systems within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation.
* The post holder attends a regular meeting of the Production team and has a regular one to one with the Production Manager.
* The post holder must help ensure that Production Services maintain the high level of performance and reliability that our customers have come to expect. It is vital that the skills and services offered by the section are broadened to support the increasing demands placed on ISD by customers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Recognise, establish, define and maintain best practices in the monitoring, and maintenance of the systems within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation. Providing the customers with high performance, robust systems with a minimum of system downtime.
* Establish and maintain disaster recovery plans.
* Provide second level support to customers, project team members, helpdesk staff and developers within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation.
* Provide first level support for the hardware and the operating system within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation and optimise the plethora of hardware and software components.
* To share technical knowledge with and provide technical guidance to peers.
* Liaise with the technical support staff of the hardware and software vendors.
* Recognise, and predict potential problems, and provide quick remedial action.
* Keep abreast of new technologies and the latest developments within the technology areas of the post holder's specialisation.
* The post-holder shall adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.