Please check your email .
Principal Engineer - Electronics
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your career at the cutting edge of powertrain electronics and control systems? Want to work for a company who are looking to grow and really help with their employees career development? Then read on!
My client are currently looking for a Principal Electronics Engineer to join them at their site in Derby to help with their growing amount of exciting engine development programs.
What you will be doing:
- You will be leading the electronics team
- Ensuring that electronic control units, sensors and actuators are suitable for use on a machine.
- You will be working with Design Engineers to capture design requirements.
- Assisting Calibration Engineers to establish characteristics, function, performance and validation of electronic components.
- Ensuring adequate Function Safety performance of engine control systems, meeting the needs of our customers in line with ISO 13849.
- Planning test strategies and optimizing the use of our Hardware In the Loop simulation facilities
- Providing electronics related support to our Quality Department and assisting with supplier audits.
- Review and assessment of supplier designs and providing technical support as appropriate.
- Ownership of automotive data network standards, messaging and databases.
- Release of product in line with the New Product Introduction Process.
- Considerable experience of diesel engine and DPF / SCR controls.
- Automotive electronics hardware and software design and component manufacture.
- Proven ability to lead small technical teams to deliver new products.
- Familiarity with automotive network protocols such as CAN, SAE J1939, UDS & LIN.
- Familiarity with DSpace HIL simulators and the Matlab/Simulink environment is desirable
- Understanding of calibration life cycle including calibration tools, build and configuration management.
- Direct experience of PLM design systems and processes is a bonus
- Cyber security and encryption is also an advantage
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.