Please check your email .
Senior Human Factors Engineer
Our client is a Global player in the Design, Development and Manufacture of complex disposable dressings and electro-mechanical medical devices. They are looking for a Driven and Dynamic Senior Human Factors/Usability Engineer to support the concept design, development, verification, validation and launch of new and existing products.
This is a Fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for flexibility and autonomy within their role and will be working in an R&D centre of excellence with a broad range of responsibilities.
Working independently as the usability Subject Matter Expert (SME) within local and global New Product Development (NPD) project teams focusing on the practical and pragmatic implementation of user-centred techniques to generate commercially successful and usable medical products. Being able to develop an in-depth understanding of the user, the unmet user need, and use environment, and being able to communicate this to others is vital. As a senior position the role involves providing subject matter guidance to junior team members and demonstrating experience-based professional judgement.
Currently you will be working as a Human Factors, Usability or Project Engineer role looking at how to create a fully manufactural product which takes in to account ease of use and user comfort. This may be within the medical, automotive, aerospace cockpits, military, science, automation or similar industry. You will have at least 5 years' experience looking to add value to this role.
- Act as the usability representative within global cross-functional NPD project teams.
- Support innovation by leading contextual inquiry activities
o Identify and implement appropriate user research techniques
o Identify unmet user needs
o Develop personas for users and key stakeholders
- Offer guidance to technical teams to ensure the design of products meet or exceed usability expectations
- Apply the Usability Engineering Process to multiple concurrent NPD projects including:
o Describing the context of use
o Performing risk analysis in accordance with IEC 62366-1 / ISO 14971
o Generating user needs and engineering requirements
o Planning, preparing, and executing formative and summative user interface evaluations
o Managing internal and external resources to support verification and validation activities
o Ensuring the usability engineering file complies to design control requirements and compliance standards
The candidate will have:
- A degree level in a Human Factors or Engineering related discipline
- At least 5 years experience in an industry setting preferably in a product development environment.
- Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team
- A detailed understanding of Contextual Inquiry, Human Factors in design, and Usability Engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of the tools and techniques required to apply Human Factors principles and Usability Engineering to products in development is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in small multi-disciplinary design teams is highly desirable
- Knowledge of FDA and MDD requirements for the application of Human Factors to medical device design is highly desirable
- Intermediate level understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate level understanding of MS Word
Keywords; Human Factors, Usability, NPD, FMEA, Test, User-centred, Comfort, Medical, Aerospace, Automotive, Military.
Commutable from; Bournemouth, Poole, Weymouth, Dorchester, Southampton, Salisbury.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.