Please check your email .
Engineering Manager – New Technology
The NPI Fulfilment Leader for Subsea Product Systems (SPS) & Services will be accountable for project delivery across our NTI, NPI, & PLE programs. The NPI Fulfilment role will also be responsible for managing SPS & Services resources, labs and selection of external test facilities in support of NPI and PLE testing and qualification while ensuring HSE is embraced at all levels.
Reporting functionally to the SPS & Services Engineering Director the Technology Fulfilment Engineering Leader must possess specialized skills in the domains of Subsea Systems, Services, project & Lab Management and shall take full ownership of all associated activities in delivering NPI on schedule and on budget.
A strong product development and project delivery competency skillset ( Process Development, Project Execution, Procedure Development, Long Term Planning, Reliability, Testing & Qualification, Cost, Time, Resource, Risk Management & HSE) shall be required for this key role.
- Project Manage and execute the NPI /NTI defined portfolio on time and on budget. Utilizing the matrix functions to deliver as per program definition.
- Deliver QMS NPI/PLE Process and Procedure development within engineering to migrate to single tollgate model (BHGE enhanced), and drive consistency in execution
- Support QMS Training and Development across NPI & PLE Process, Product Governance, Product Structuring
- Develop SPS & Services Organizational structure for NPI & PLE execution including Cross-Functional Dependencies
- Drive implementation of Clarity PPM as a Global Database/Business system for supporting NPI/PLE & Metered Programs.
- Own organization of SPS & Services Lab’s, define capabilities, D&C’s, P&E, resource management and ensure HSE compliance.
- Drive “Design for Manufacture & RAM” , “ cost targets “ mind-set change to NPI execution.
- Drive innovative thinking for product realisation mind-set change to NTI/NPI execution, focused on contemporary product manufacture and cost out. Such as additive and digital.
- Develop strong IP Culture and enhanced/consistency of awareness, across SPS &Services Product and Technology Development
- Develop and deploy standards/templates for Product Requirements Documents, Technology Requirements Documents and System Requirements Documents
- Support migration to IPP/ P6 across SPS &S Engineering Programs, transitioning to FTY and EVM culture in execution.
- Aligning and optimise innovation and collaboration with other BHGE domain experts including GRCs, universities and other external organizations
- Engineering responsible to deliver Business Themes, Categories to support alignment of MGPP across the BHGE business and realise synergistic savings and re-use of technology development where possible.
- Develop relationships with key 3P engineering organizations to compliment internal capabilities in execution.
- Ability to travel to connect with team geographically located to meet business requirements.
- People management & development of the NPI and PLE engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product leaders to verify / eliminate execution risk and any budget constraints that appear during execution.
- Work closely with the SPS & Services Managers to ensure any required additional resource is available to deliver on NPI/NTI commitments (including participation within the recruitment process).
- Accountable for accuracy of PMI/Clarity data input, as well as GEAR output data.
- Act as the management focal point for the SPS & Services NPI Fulfilment teams
- Representation, report writing and presentation on SPS & Services NPI Fulfilment as required
- Contribute to engineering communications and team briefs on SPS & Services NPI Fulfilment.
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject to this position and significant years of related experience, with preference to individuals with strong Subsea systems background
• Demonstrable depth of Subsea & Oilfield Services Engineering Experience
• Demonstrable depth of experience in Team Leadership / Management
• Strong skillset within areas of project management, scheduling and project risk definition & remediation.
• Strong technical problem solving
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.