Please check your email .
Established in 2001 this client is a leading manufacturer for tooling and lightweight component solutions.
With a reputation for excellence built on decades of engineering experience and a dedication to dynamic working practices, they supply their clients with an innovative and industry-leading service. They work with clients who operate at the very top of their fields. In an environment where exceptional performance is standard, their high speed machining technology and unparalleled expertise, in both thermoplastic and composite tooling, sets them apart. You have an opportunity to join this team as an Electrical Maintenance Technician.
The successful candidate needs to ensure that production facilities can operate at full availability through periodic maintenance in accordance with the Planned Maintenance System, and to provide reactive breakdown maintenance cover to all production equipment using fault finding techniques to minimise downtime. You would also be required to install test and inspect minor electrical installation with recorded results.
This position requires someone from an electrical installation background.
This position is a full time role, with 40 hours a week, with a chance for overtime too.
Key tasks in this role:
• Provide reactive breakdown support to all production equipment.
• Complete planned maintenance tasks on schedule to the desired standard.
• Install test and inspect minor electrical installation.
• Participate in continuous improvement throughout the production areas of the business.
• Coordinate and supervise contractors when necessary.
• Record all work on the maintenance work log.
• Completing minor fabrication work.
• Ensuring all activities are undertaken in a safe manner, compliant with all Health and Safety Legislation.
• Supporting Toolroom activities with electrical support.
• Working in a lean, efficient and organised team
• Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade of job.
Skills & Experience:
Ideally apprentice trained to NVQ level 3 or equivalent with a relevant electrical qualification such as City and Guilds or BTEC. 17th Edition Understanding the requirements of BS7671 is essential and City and Guilds 2392 Testing and Inspecting would be advantageous.
Previous experience working in a production environment with injection moulding machines or with paint booths would be beneficial however specific machine training would be given. Hydraulic, Pneumatic and mechanical skills or qualification would be beneficial.
Supervising contractor in accordance with company procedures.
HEALTH AND SAFETY:
All employees have a responsibility for Health and Safety whilst at work. As an employee at, you shall be responsible for;
• Ensuring the health and safety and welfare of yourself and that of other persons whom may be affected by your actions,
• Co-operating with client on all matters relating to health, safety and welfare by observing all relevant policies, procedures, safety systems of working and safety signs,
• Only using / operating plant, equipment and machinery for which you have received appropriate training and / or authorisation, and using in accordance with such training,
• Ensuring the use of all safety related guards, control measures, and wearing of personal protective equipment at all times,
• Reporting of all accidents, incidents and reporting any failings to the appropriate Manager and / or Director as necessary, or bring to the attention of the Health & Safety Manager
If you have any questions about the role that you wanted to address before applying, feel free to get in touch, my direct number is 02392 228249, and I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.