Please check your email .
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key Clients, Our Client is looking to further expand the in-house Civil & Structural Design team. They have a number of positions available at various levels for
engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and
furthering their professional development.
This is a lead role within the In-house Design Team, responsible for the technical aspects of engineering
projects in addition to programming, resource allocation, budgetary control, managing customer satisfaction, reviews, coaching and recruitment.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Technical guidance and leadership on engineering solutions, with initiative and confidence to take
ownership and be responsible for making key decisions based on sound engineering judgement.
- Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Leadership in the development of design philosophies of engineering solutions.
- Significant CRE (Design) experience on Network Rail schemes, over a varied range of projects including
- Review and approve design deliverables.
- Promotion of positive SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) behaviours.
- Lead representative at meetings with internal and/or external Clients and Stakeholders.
- Ensure work is delivered within the teams financial, quality and programme targets.
- Promote safe working practices in all areas.
- Strong management and motivation of teams.
- Mentor and coach team members, and succession planning.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external clients.
- Proven and effective leader, with experience in line managing and organising teams.
- Experience in rail performing a CRE role), bridges, earthworks, drainage and highways, with related experience of working with key Clients including Network Rail, Transport for London, Environment Agency and Canal & River Trust.
- Detailed understanding of factors influencing the buildability of design solutions, including engagement with planners, estimators and construction staff to establish the most sustainable, efficient and economic
methods of construction and use of materials within the boundaries of technical requirements.
- Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects including interactions with E&P, Signalling, Telecoms,
P Way, and OLE.
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry and timber.
- Working knowledge of relevant Structural Assessment and Design software packages.
- Working knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body Standards.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 44001, PAS 1192 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Understands the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively.
- Excellent organisational, communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Committed to the professional development of others, with the ability to recognise and promote good
Educational / Professional Qualifications
- MEng / MSc Degree level of education, or equivalent.
- Chartered Member of a relevant Professional Body
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.