Please check your email .
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key Clients, Our Client is looking to further expand the in-house Civil & Structural Design team. They have a number of positions available at various levels for
engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and
furthering their professional development.
This is an integral role within the In-house Design Team, with responsibility for the development of technical
solutions with the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
- Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- CRE (Design) experience on Network Rail schemes.
- Design and Checking of engineering solutions.
- Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and
- Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements.
- Ensure work is delivered within the teams financial, quality and programme targets.
- Promote safe working practices in all areas.
- Assist change and develop more efficient processes and design tools to assist the efficient delivery of
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Proven and effective co-ordination of workload and management of staff.
- Experience in rail with associated understanding of bridges, earthworks, drainage and highways interfaces.
- Appreciation of factors influencing the buildability of design solutions, including engagement with planners,
estimators and construction staff to establish the most sustainable, efficient and economic methods of
construction and use of materials within the boundaries of technical requirements.
- Experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects including interactions with E&P, Signalling, Telecoms,
P Way, and OLE.
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry and timber.
- Working knowledge of relevant Structural Assessment and Design software packages.
- Knowledge of Engineering drawing practices.
- Working knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body Standards.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 44001, PAS 1192 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Understanding of SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment & Quality) requirements.
- Understands the importance of achieving customer satisfaction by driving and maintaining the highest level of standards and working collaboratively.
- Good organisational, communication, reporting and presentation skills.
- Committed to professional development of self and others.
- MEng / MSc Degree level of education, or equivalent.
- Incorporated / Chartered Member of a relevant Professional
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.