Please check your email .
Having secured a number of long term Frameworks with key Clients, Our Client is looking to further expand the in-house Civil & Structural Design team. They have a number of positions available at various levels for
engineers who are committed to delivering the optimum design solution, building on their experience, and
furthering their professional development.
This is an integral role within the In-house Design Team, with responsibility for the development of technical
solutions with the team’s budgetary, programme and quality requirements.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities -
- Initiative and confidence to put forward solutions based on sound engineering principles.
- Challenge the brief, enabling innovative development of unambiguous engineering solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
- Design and Checking of engineering solutions.
- Production of clear, consistent, referenced calculations, reports and sketches to current CoP and
- Clear communication of design philosophy and requirements with other team members.
- Design representative at meetings with the AmcoGiffen project team and/or external Clients and
Person Specification -
- Knowledge and understanding of the design process, and engineering drawing practices.
- Knowledge of relevant British Standards, Eurocodes, and Regulatory Body Standards.
- Familiarity with structural design / assessment packages.
- Confident at designing in steel, concrete, composites, masonry and timber to current CoP and standards.
- Experience in rail with appreciation of earthworks, drainage and highways interfaces.
- Appreciation of factors influencing the buildability of design solutions.
- Awareness of ISO 9001 / 14001 / 44001, PAS 1192 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
Educational / Professional Qualifications -
- BEng / BSc Degree level of education, or equivalent.
- Working towards Membership of a relevant Professional
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.