Please check your email .
We are actively looking to engage with experienced Software Engineers with a background in Software and Hardware experience to join my clients on a permanent basis.
A large Pharmaceuticals client, carries out a broad programme of research including the development of a new generation of optical atomic clocks, compact frequency standards for industrial applications and unique algorithms for processing clock data to generate the most stable reference time scales achievable.
This role arises from my client’s ongoing investment to development.
Their expertise and original research by this client have benefited UK citizens and the UK economy for over a century.
• Working effectively within a multi-disciplinary team to deliver project objectives on time and to budget. Contribute to maintaining a friendly, supportive environment.
• Writing custom code for data exchange between interconnected devices and systems to meet the customer’s technical specification
• Design, verification and validation of highly reliable software compatible with the needs of this resilient service; Identify, debug and fix defects.
• Hardware troubleshooting of the timing device interfaces
• Some customer facing activities and occasionally working at the customer’s sites
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent expertise)
• Significant years programming experience preferably from a range of different technical applications and all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Hands-on experience in areas such as instrumentation, bespoke design, qualification, development using off-the-shelf instrumentation sub systems
• Proficient in a range of languages such as Labview, Python, C++ etc., with the ability to select the right one for the job in hand
• Good familiarisation with tools and languages used in data capture and analysis
• Hands-on experience in instrumentation and measurement systems (characterisation, test and validation) is advantageous
• Knowledge of algorithm development is advantageous
• An enthusiasm for science and innovation
• Security clearances (higher level) will be required and applied for meaning you will need to be a British Citizen who has resided continuously in the UK for the last 5 years.
Should you be interested in applying for or hearing more about this position please submit your application to Kaitee Parsons on 02392228209 or email your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Bottom of Form
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.