Please check your email .
My client is seeking an EIC Engineer to provide a professional and technically competent Electrical, Instrument & Control (EI&C) function.
As lead engineer the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safe installation and maintainability of new and existing equipment on site to the highest standards. To instigate and manage
technical, legislative and process safety based systems as required on a highly regulated COMAH production facility.
- Support the Engineering manager in relation to the site EI&C strategy, ensuring capability is maximized through improved equipment reliability.
- Responsible and accountable for the site EI&C engineering standards
- Senior EI&C engineer for the facility
- Drive and champion site engineering continuous improvement initiatives
- Assess the manufacturing process, determining EI&C requirements to maintain safety, compliance, quality and cost effective manufacture.
- Proactively investigate areas of engineering & improvements to improve site overall OEE.
- Support maintenance staff with technical advice, application engineering, incident investigation and project scope definition. Actively direct the development of craft personnel to maintain and improve competence.
- Custodian of EI&C competence management
- Develop scope and implement small to medium improvement and projects from concept through lifecycle to delivery & handover. To be the lead Engineer on some projects and provide assurance that legislative and company standards are implemented on all MOC and projects.
- Keep abreast of best practice and legislation with respect to EI&C and ensure that engineering standards are updated accordingly.
- Recommend and implement improvements in the production process. Select and apply engineering techniques to solve problems Assess results for applicability, validity and conformance to specifications
- Advise others/Coach/Team on operations in running equipment reliably and safely, by participating in morning meetings, improvement/MOC discussions and plant continuous improvement proposals
- Assist with specifications for capital equipment procurement projects
- Provide training and act as resource for less experienced employees with respect to EI&C engineering.
- Manage 3rd party contractors for the maintenance and management of site EI&C integrity systems, potentially taking role of site electrical duty holder.
- Presentation of work, reports and recommendations to senior management
- Responsible for fulfilling individual goals and objectives as well as contributing to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards CEng status
- Experience of providing EI&C Engineer maintenance & manufacturing support within a chemical/petrochemical industry (possibly gained over 5 years)
- Experience of working on a COMAH /regulated manufacturing site would be beneficial
- Experience of project management (short/long term), process improvements and general manufacturing initiatives
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.