Please check your email .
This client has a history stretching back more than 85 years, and are one of the world’s leading providers of diesel and gas engines. They aim to set the standards of engineering excellence, providing the most comprehensive range of innovative and reliable power solutions, tailored to meet the precise requirements of their customers.
They are now looking to take on someone as a Validation Engineer.
The Engine Systems Team is part of the (AC&T) European Division and is responsible for development and implementation of electrical and electronic control systems for diesel engines developed here in the UK.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Team and be responsible for identifying, planning, coordinating and executing validation activities to support the development of engine control systems and mitigate system risk.
- Working within an engineering team, identify potential component, system and integration issues associated with new products or current product enhancements.
- Capture the risks and create action and validation plans to mitigate the risks
- Develop test requirements, coordinate and execute the validation activities to mitigate program risk and ensure the system is verified and validated for production.
- Record, analyse and communicate validation results and where required, develop revised solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Provide Electrical and Electronic SME support to engine performance tests, engine development activities and initial production builds
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
- Proven engineer with 'hands on' validation experience, ideally on engine, transmission or power systems
- Technical background in systems development, integration or validation (electronics or mechanical)
- Good Electrical and Electronic knowledge with 'fault finding' capability
- Very good teaming and communication skills
- Good initiative, self-starter
- Ability to build strong working relations
- Provide focus on the customer and their needs
- Ability to initiate and take independent action
Desirable key skills and competencies for this role
" Vector CANape and CANalyzer experience
" FMEA facilitator or Team Lead experience
What background would the ideal candidate have?
Diesel engine or off-highway machine system development or validation experience (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle engine systems)
If you have any questions about the role that you wanted to address before applying, feel free to get in touch, my direct number is 02392 228249, and I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.