Please check your email .
An Opportunity has arisen for a Senior SQA Engineer to join a dynamic team based in Shoreham By Sea.
They are a global strategic engineering and environmental consultancy that specialises in the transport, energy and scarce resources sectors.
Their work extends across a range of market sectors – including passenger cars, commercial vehicles, rail, defence, motorsport, energy and environment – and they are proud to possess a client list that includes transport operators, manufacturers, energy companies, financial institutions and government agencies.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to be a key member of a team with a broad remit to support the quality of New Product Introduction across projects within the Performance Products division. This division specialises in delivering niche powertrain products to many premium brand customers. Driven by an increasing level of customer demand, Performance Products is now implementing a strategy that will lead to the supply of automotive battery systems to this marketplace. This vacancy is therefore an excellent opportunity to be involved in the growth phase of this exciting new venture, in a field that is increasingly relevant to the future of the automotive industry.
As a Senior NPI Parts/Supplier Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of purchase parts, from concept to series production from the suppliers and projects you are assigned. Working alone or leading a small team on designated projects, your key objectives will include:
- Supervising and coaching a small team to deliver projects on time and in full.
- Supplier Quality Assurance activities within the supply chain including: APQP, PPAP, Supplier assessment audits and surveillance visits leading to launch.
- Problem resolution of parts quality issues working with suppliers using 8D and other automotive industry tools.
- Creating and managing customer quality requirements that can be cascaded to the supply chain.
- Generating goods receiving inspection documents for pre-production and production phases.
- Series process and part approval at product launch.
- Working closely with procurement, design and system engineers to achieve parts that are cost effective, fit for purpose and to the required quality standard.
- Proactive & reactive supplier improvement activities, including problem resolution of parts quality issues using 8D and other automotive industry tools.
- Management of supplier quality performance, including verification and implementation of corrective actions in the pre-series phase.
- Managing the parts quality implications of product and process changes.
- Reporting status against project targets.
- Supervising and coaching of the SQA Engineering team also deployed on these projects.
- Actively participating in continuous improvement by developing and introducing new quality focussed processes and procedures.
Relevant Experience and Personal Attributes
Experience of NPI and/or Supplier Quality Assurance or a similar role where skills can be transferred into the objectives described above. Preferably gained within the automotive sector but other industries would be considered.
- Some knowledge of automotive technology and product development
- Achieving PPAP
- Hands-on experience of lean manufacturing is preferred but not essential
- Experience with various manufacturing processes and components deployed in battery packs (e.g. cells, harnesses, cooling systems, electronic components, fabrications)
- Experience and understanding with geometric design & tolerancing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, using 8D process
- Experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques
- The ability to work as a team or on your own and be self-motivated.
- A good communicator with intercultural and interpersonal skills together with the ability to communicate and present effectively to suppliers and clients at all levels
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 (and preferably ISO 26262)
- Tenacity, resilience and focus
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
This role involves regular travel to suppliers domestically and internationally.
If you have any questions about the role that you wanted to address before applying, feel free to get in touch, my direct number is 02392 228249, and I would be happy to discuss this with you.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.