Please check your email .
6 Months initially
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Engineer within the SP department as a result of a new contract. The key purpose of the Software engineer role will be to execute the full software development lifecycle to produce new PC software and modify PC software within the existing system. The role will work closely with engineers and specialists from a variety of disciplines within the SP department.
Skills, qualifications & knowledge
* Full lifecycle PC software development - Software requirements analysis, architecture and design, construction, unit test, integration and qualification. To include participation in engineering reviews, production of requirements, design and build documentation and software estimation.
* Development in C# 4.0 language on Windows platform using .NET 4.0
* Object Oriented analysis and design using UML notation.
* Developing unit tests with automated test tool suites.
* Use of configuration management systems.
* Knowledge and experience of database architectures and design
* Experience of Entity Framework
* Win Forms
* MS Visual Studio 2015 and above (version 14.0) with .NET framework 4.6 and above.
* TestDriven.Net 4.1 including NUnit (version 3.5)
* Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (version 3.0b2)
* VMWare Workstation (version 9)
* Serena Dimensions (version 12.2)
* Ability to follow defined software engineering processes and standards.
* Ability to quickly identify and resolve technical and process faults.
* Quick to see solutions, pragmatic in their adoption.
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
* Ability to develop and foster effective working relationships.
* Effective communicator with good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to progress against demanding timescales to meet overall project objectives in a team-based environment, to complete software tasks to an agreed budget and schedule.
* Appreciation of radio-based communications at a systems level is desirable
Key responsibility areas
* Full lifecycle software development in a PC environment from software requirements analysis to software integration and qualification.
* Support to systems integration and test.
* Support to production of user documentation.
* Support to user training, customer demonstrations and installations which may require very occasional travel
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.