Please check your email .
IT Support Officer
5 months +
The IT Support Officer will be responsible for delivery of a professional support function. As part of a Service Delivery Team the IT Support Officer is responsible for providing support for a department's IT environment as well as support for common infrastructure.
* This role will provide 2nd & 3rd level support to ensure that business application platforms are available in line with, and surpassing Service Level Agreements.
* Maintain a high level of specialist skills and knowledge in relevant areas of IT, including systems analysis, programming, networking and operating systems in order to provide an effective and professional IT service.
* Provide specialist advice on IT issues, to enable the Authority to make the most effective use of IT to achieve its objectives especially regarding remote working systems.
* Make a contribution to the planning, monitoring and control of projects to implement major new IT developments.
* Manage small projects to implement IT and developments.
* Assist preparation of project plans including resource requirements, estimated timescales and costs.
* Monitor and report on progress and take corrective action where necessary.
* Make a contribution to the delivery of IT services to the Authority against agreed service levels, outcomes and costs. This involves making a major contribution to the preparation of service delivery plans and to monitoring and reporting on performance.
* To be part of a small to medium team of IT specialists in implementing information technology projects and in providing a quality, cost effective support service to the Authority.
* Ensure that technical developments are compatible with all of the relevant Council policies, procedures and standards and with relevant legislation, including the Data Protection Act.
* Maintain an awareness of current developments in areas of IT that may be of value to the Authority.
* Contribute to the development and promotion of best practice in information planning and project management.
* Will hold a current IT qualification or have the equivalent demonstrable experience.
* You will have in depth knowledge and experience in the following areas: Microsoft Active-directory, Windows server and desktop systems, SCCM, ITIL
* Good project management and project coordination skills to manage small IT projects and work packages
* Demonstrable problem solving skills in a highly complex IT environment
* Experience and ability to plan scheduled maintenance activities and ensure risks are identified and mitigated
You will have in depth knowledge and experience in the following areas:
Windows server 2003/2008, Cisco contact centre express - UCCX Cisco voice gateways Cisco Unity, Cisco wireless, VMWare, CCNP, CCNP Voice, Good knowledge and ability to support Windows server infrastructure
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.