Please check your email .
We are seeking to recruit a mechanical bias Field Assurance Engineer to work Directly reporting to the Lead Field Assurance Engineer – (Mechanical) on Site, for the assigned NEC3 contract(s) provide management support to act as Crossrail Technical and Engineering Lead on behalf of the Chief Engineer in order to ensure Crossrail’s compliance of the Works with Sponsors Requirements and the Crossrail Assurance Process.
• On behalf of the Project Manager, represent the Chief Engineer by providing Technical Acceptance of the Contractors’ submissions (including method statements and work package plans, on a risk based approach and where obligated by third party agreements) to ensure compliance with the project’s Requirements, the NEC3 Contract, the Works Information Volumes 2A/B/C and CRL’s Technical Assurance Plan, processes and procedures.
• Disposition and approval of changes to technical requirements (as delegated by the Chief Engineer), including relevant system performance specifications and technical standards.
• Provide oversight of design completion and compliance for the Works and/or Element(s), including ensuring all boundaries, interfaces and systems are integrated and coordinated between interfacing contracts
• Provide resolution of arising technical issues, RFI’s, FCD’s, NCR’s, derogations, concessions.
• Support the production and acceptance of the project’s Verification Activity Plans, including review and acceptance of the Contractor’s Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), compiling comments, and validating the required Witness, and Review points based on the respective technical and quality specification of the contract and applicable code requirements (supported by the Project Manager, the Chief Engineer and Quality Manager).
• Provide risk based assessment of assurance evidence produced by Contractors in areas including materials compliance, requirements compliance, interface management, verification and validation, RAMS, EMC, As Built information
• Liaise with Crossrail infrastructure managers to facilitate their ultimate acceptance of the Works
• Represent the project at relevant technical panels, design reviews, etc. Including those attended by external parties.
• Support the named Supervisor’s Representative under NEC3 ECC and as further defined within Crossrail’s Quality Management system and the Contractors obligations for a self-assuring framework.
• Support the Project Manager to coordinate Crossrail’s obligations (Client, Designer and Principle Designer) under CDM 2015 as set out in the CDM Procedure and Project Execution Information.
• As part of CRL’s Assurance Process provide technical representation for and on behalf of the Chief Engineer for acceptance of witnessing tests, inspections and verification activities for an the Works.
• Support the Project Manager in the responsibility for compliance with the LU Development Agreement (See Volume 2B Part 11), Docklands Light Railway Interface [Part 12], and Network Rail Interface [Part 10] where applicable.
Location: Bond Street or Limmo
Rate: Neg (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Duration: Contract, 6+ Months
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.