Please check your email .
Electrical Cable Design Engineer
Design, definition and related tasks for bespoke Electrical Interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data transmission.
Additional Job Details:
• Definition of bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission.
• Interpretation of Sub-System requirements and generation of electrical schematics & cable design definitions on CAD - Harnware preferred (being Harnware training is not a pre-requisite and can be undertaken during the course of the contract).
• Carry out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
• Support/liaise with manufacturing, resolving manufacturing problems & defects.
• Support to functional & environmental trials.
• Liaise with suppliers/ purchasing to resolve any technical queries that may arise.
• Planning own day-to-day activities.
• Maintain Design records and provide inputs to certificate of design compliance matrix.
Knowledge and Experience
Typically the suitable candidate can provide evidence of a number of the following:
• Experience in specification, design & manufacture of electrical cables/Harnesses.
• Knowledge of several of the following: harness design, manufacturing processes, EMC protection, Mil-Circular and rectangular connectors and EMC gaskets to BS & military specifications, specification & design of fibre optic harnesses, safe separation of power and data transmission, design of cable/harnesses for data bus systems, aircraft store interconnection.
• Previous practical manufacturing experience and an appreciation of other engineering areas/domains would be an advantage to prove concept designs via hands on prototyping.
• The ideal candidate would have a demonstrable background in the design of military, environmentally sealed cable harnesses or be a time served prototype wire-person who has diverged into interconnects design.
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.