Please check your email .
My client is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to be responsible for ensuring the design and manufacture of pressure and electronic metrology equipment are completed in accordance with legislative requirements, company procedures and environmental, health, safety and quality standards. The role will also ensure compliance to international / regional standards for all designed metrology equipment used during the manufacture of pressure products within the global pressure business facilities
• Work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
• Provide quick and effective solutions to production issues by supporting the development of new metrology capabilities and increasing process capacity as required by New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Transfer of Work activities.
• Drive longer-term process improvements to ensure compliance and increase productivity.
• Contribute to longer-term process improvements to drive productivity
• Own the Mechanical Engineering activities as part of a multidiscipline, cross-functional team within the Equipment Solutions department, including:
• Design, procure, manufacture, install and validate test equipment to assess product performance (pressure sensors and controllers) against factory acceptance specifications and project deadlines.
• Development and release design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Electrical circuit & wiring diagrams, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User manuals.
• Influence product design specifications, to ensure new designs are optimised for testing, including: safety, capacity, performance, yield and cost.
• Use PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify risks and optimise test processes.
• Time served apprenticeship with HNC/HND or equivalent experience in systems engineering or design discipline.
• Strong understanding of pressure and electrical, testing and system safety.
• Experience in multiple discipline (electrical, mechanical and fluid power) system manufacture / assembly in a high mix workshop environment.
• Knowledge of Ergonomic Design, Quality System, and SPC tools.
• Ability to use CAE to design and analyse mechanical components and systems.
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.