Please check your email .
Mechanical Engineering Leader
The Mechanical Engineering Leader will be responsible for ensuring the design and manufacture of pressure and electronic metrology equipment are completed in accordance with legislative requirements, company procedures and environmental, health, safety and quality standards. The role will also ensure compliance to international / regional standards for all designed metrology equipment used during the manufacture of pressure products within the global pressure business facilities.
Own and continually improve the mechanical engineering processes as part of a multidiscipline, cross-functional team within the Equipment Solutions department, including:
• Creation and ownership of the departments operating processes for all aspects during quotation, equipment design, manufacture, factory acceptance testing, international shipping, installation and commissioning documentation.
• Ensure project tollgates are conducted and be the technical signatory to ensure compliance to procedures and standards.
• Review and approve safety critical design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Electrical circuit & wiring diagrams, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User manuals.
• Influence product design specifications, to ensure new designs are optimised for compliance, including: safety, quality and performance.
• Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify risks and optimise departmental processes.
• Time served apprenticeship with HND/Degree or equivalent experience in systems engineering or design discipline.
• Demonstrable track record of leading a team to achieve set targets.
• Understanding of pressure system safety and electrical safety in accordance with Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), Pressure Equipment Directive (1997/23/EC) and Electrical Equipment for Measurement (IEC EN 61010).
• Strong background in multiple discipline (electrical, mechanical and fluid power) system manufacture / assembly in a high mix workshop environment.
• Strong knowledge of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality requirements for engineered systems.
• Strong project management skills to ensure process improvement projects are delivered in a timely manner.
• Hands-on capability with good knowledge of machine safety and calibration processes.
• Ability to use CAE to assess and analyse electro mechanical designs.
• Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams.
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development and implementation.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.