Please check your email .
Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineers are responsible for the design and development of software and hardware platforms for production test and measurement systems.
• Be responsible for the full life cycle of software engineering activities. This includes the system design, development, installation, commissioning, verification and documentation.
• Be able to work as part of a multidiscipline team of software, hardware and mechanical engineers.
• Development of software for data acquisition, system control, database and data analysis applications.
• Development of new test capabilities and increasing process capacity as required by New Product Introduction, Customer Product Opportunities and Transfer of Work activities.
• Work in a fast paced, customer focused environment.
• Drive longer term process improvements to ensure compliance and increase productivity.
• Ensuring system requirements are captured, specified and translated to the team.
• Contribution in the definition of software architecture and design decisions.
• Debugging and problem investigation of software and firmware driven systems.
• Review and approval of system & safety critical design documentation, including Electrical circuit, wiring diagrams and user manuals.
• Influence product design specifications for manufacturability.
• Degree or equivalent qualification in software / electronic systems engineering or design disciplines.
• Proven experience in software development using C/C++/C# on a Windows platform.
• Knowledge / Experience of digital communication protocols. (TCP/IP, CANBUS, MODBUS, IEEE, RS232)
• Proven experience of leadership in full life-cycle software development projects.
• Developing microprocessor and microcontroller software (Arduino, PIC, Atmel)
• Strong knowledge of hardware level interfaces.
• Interpretation and understanding of hardware datasheets and device capabilities.
• Strong project / time management skills, work to deadlines and respond effectively to demanding customer requests.
• Awareness of electrical safety in accordance with Electrical Equipment for Measurement (IEC EN 61010)
• Ability to interpret Engineering drawings / specifications and manufacturing documentation.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development and implementation.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.