Please check your email .
We are seeking a Planning Engineer to join the heart of the Crossrail Project on a contractual basis.
As the Planning Engineering you’ll support the Business in preparing periodic progress reporting of Level 1 and Level 2 schedules. Supporting the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements. Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme / project milestone and schedule interface activities.
Day to Day
• Performing and/or coordinating, collecting, verifying, and integrating the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviewing the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishing the conceptual scope of schedule studies.
• Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between the projects. Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
• Establishing milestones for the total project or major portions of the project. Reviewing project work activities in support of project milestones. Coordinating the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
• Preparing and or reviewing schedule logic and duration changes in conjunction with the project team to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule and comply with NEC contractual processes. These processes include: checking that plans are complete and reflect the contractual scope of work, time risk allowances are clearly shown and in conjunction with other project team members reviewing cost loading submissions.
• Planning, coordinating, and establishing the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designating reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviewing completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
• Reviewing and evaluating schedule durations for all disciplines’ activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervising/directing the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
• Preparing and analysing comparisons of scope, quantity data between projects. Developing bid evaluation schedule criteria and supporting bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
• Skilled in oral and written communication.
• Working knowledge of PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications.
• Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Location: Stratford, London
Rate: Upto £420 P/D ( Role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Duration: 3+ Month
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.