Please check your email .
We are currently on the lookout for a Field Engineer specialising in Ventilation engineering to join the heart of the Crossrail project.
As the Field Engineer you’ll be Responsible for overseeing the technical and quality aspects of systemwide construction, testing and commissioning activities within an area of responsibility as appointed for a geographic location, contract or system.
Day to Day
• Responsible for putting in place systems and procedures that will ensure railway engineering works are delivered in accordance with the Technical Assurance Plan, and Systems Integration Management Plans.
• Manage works that have complex interfaces between sub-systems, and with the Crossrail civil station and Systemwide contracts, which require effective configuration and interface management during implementation, testing and commissioning phases.
• To support compliant handover of the completed works to both railway infrastructure operators.
• To ensure contractor compliance with safe methods of railway working, throughout the project execution phases.
• To ensure the internal interfaces between Crossrail contractors and the external relationships with Network Rail, London Underground and other project partners is managed in such a way as to ensure timely and safe completion of the programme.
• To ensure the contractor complies with their own quality systems.
• To work with the Project Manager and Project Construction Manager to build effective working relationships at the appropriate level within the contractor’s team.
• Degree qualified engineer or equivalent experience in appropriate railway systems engineering discipline
• Experience of engineering and/or construction on railway systems engineering project projects.
• Knowledge and experience of construction quality systems and processes
• Knowledge of the NEC3 form of contract and of CDM Regulations
• Knowledge and experience of site-based ES&H processes and procedures/regulations
• Professional qualifications in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
• Design and construction experience in ventilation systems in tunnels.
• Have a good knowledge of railway regulations and standards.
• Familiar with railway operational requirements.
Location: Westferry, London
Rate: £380 (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution.
Duration: 3+ Months
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.