Please check your email .
We are on the lookout for a Planning Engineer to join the UK’s largest rail project Crossrail on a contractual basis at their base in Westferry.
As the planning Engineer you’ll support the project teams with all planning related activities associated with the management of their contracts and reporting requirements.
The Day to Day
• Participating and supporting the project teams in project and programme planning and progress meetings. Identifying and maintaining programme / project milestone and schedule interface activities.
• Responsible for preparing periodic progress reporting of Level 1 and Level 2 schedules.
• Performing productivity analysis of construction operations. Establishing the productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviewing labour estimates for reasonableness.
• Preparing and/ or reviewing schedule logic and duration changes in conjunction with the project team, to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule and comply with NEC contractual processes. These processes include checking that plans are complete and reflect the contractual scope of work, time risk allowances are clearly shown. In conjunction with other project team members review cost loading submissions.
• Reviewing and evaluating schedule durations for all activities relative to the support of project milestones. Supervising/ directing the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
• Planning, organising, and supervising schedule resource loading and analysis. Coordinating development of all bulk commodity release and installation curves. Integrating appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determining quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
• Supporting development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiling, summarising, updating, and maintaining historical schedule data. Monitoring and reporting the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
• Performing project schedule analysis and studying of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommending alternatives for schedule improvement to project team for discussion and/or decision.
• Preparing and presenting schedule impact reports. Leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to affect such plans.
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
• Relevant experience on a large scale infrastructure project.
• Working knowledge of PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications.
• Working knowledge of multiple discipline specific software applications, such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, for example.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Location: Westferry, London
Rate: Upto £400 (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Duration: 4 Months +
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.