Please check your email .
We are on the lookout for a Senior Project Manager to join the UK next big rail project.
The main purpose of this role is to report to the Director of Rolling Stock and Depots, you’ll be responsible for leading the Rolling Stock Depot strategy and requirements from Phase 1 through to phase 2.
The day to day:
• Develop and refine the Rolling Stock maintenance depot strategy, including the role of the on-network depots and those associated with the Conventional Rail Network
• Project manage the development of the requirements for Washwood Heath RSMD and the Phase 2 Rolling Stock Depots
• Be accountable for the development and delivery of Rolling Stock depot projects on the CRN required to support delivery of the project.
• Be responsible for management of all approvals necessary to facilitate the progress of the Depot strategy and development of requirements, including writing papers as required and progress through required governance
• Act as the key interface between the Train Manufacturer for the Washwood Heath RSMD Project and holding delegated authority.
• Recruit and develop the Project team to manage the CRN Depot project(s) to ensure delivery to time, cost and quality as required.
• Lead the integrated team, including matrixed in team members from the Technical and Commercial directorates in addition to any supporting agency staff or consultants utilised in support.
• Work with the Director of Railway Operations and his team to ensure that the Washwood Heath RSMD design meets the requirements of the Operational Concept in form and function.
• Actively promote and embed Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work. Support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
A Little about you:
• Ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and writing, including being able to explain complex technical requirements in easy to understand language
• Ability to plan, implement and manage large, complex projects
• Ability to collaborate with and listen to teams and individuals
• Ability to innovate and deliver value for money
• Knowledge of Railway Operations and Depots
• Understanding of Rail Vehicle Maintenance practices and principles
• Understanding of procurement, contract management , project and risk management principles
• University degree or equivalent experience of engineering principles
Salary: Upto £100k depending on experience and package on offer.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.