Please check your email .
Mechanical Design Engineer - Test & Calibration Instruments
My client is seeking an early career Mechanical Design Engineer into their Test & Calibration Instruments Team to design complex instrumentation products and pressure controllers used in aerospace ground support equipment, metrology, process control and high volume industrial test.
• Design and validation of mechanical assemblies / fixturing and enclosures to agreed customer and product specifications and project deadlines in both plastic and metal.
• Development and release of design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User Manuals
• Participate in FMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify / minimize design risks and optimize design outcome.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Contribute to longer-term design process improvements to drive productivity and efficiency.
• Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
• Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
• High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
• Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
• Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.)
• Experience in both Plastics and Metal enclosure design for IP rated electronic equipment
• Background in generation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
• Knowledge of Ergonomic Product Design
• Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.