Please check your email .
PCB Technologies Engineer
• Provide assembly technology advice and support for circuit card assembly
• Provide process knowledge and advice for surface mount assembly and other soldering processes
• Propose board technology and structure for a PCB layout designer to use after consultation with PCB fabricators, particularly for circuit designs requiring controlled impedance.
• Assess mechanical design concepts for practicality of electrical routing & conformance to PCB design rules.
• Resolve conflicts within rules set and conflicts between rules and the circuit design requirements that the PCB layout designer, PCB fabricator or board assembler may encounter.
• Provide mechanical and thermal property data of PCBs to Mechanical Engineering.
• Based on adjudged level of risk, conduct mechanical vibration/shock & thermal assessments of boards.
• Provide specialist advice and support across projects and to other functions as appropriate
• Working effectively in collaboration with mechanical & electronic designers, PCB layout group, PCB fabricators & manufacturing (board assembly)
• Being able to clearly communicate to mechanical & electronic designers any PCB limitations associated with their initial proposals and influencing the adoption of alternative solutions
• Working to tight or critical timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
• Production / process engineering background
Additional Job Details:
Knowledge of the various PCB technologies and their advantages/disadvantages Good knowledge of PCB and Circuit Card Assembly processes Good knowledge of applicable industry standards (e.g. relevant IPC's)
Good appreciation of PCB Layout processes and tools Good appreciation of the effects of environments on electronic equipment (e.g. Vibration, thermal)
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.