Please check your email .
We are currently on the lookout for a Senior Railway Integration Planner to join our client Crossrail at their head office in Canary Wharf.
As the Senior Railway Integration Planner you’ll produce, maintain and co-ordinated the Railway Integrated programme from support through to the completion and handover of Crossrail into operation.
Key accountabilities of the role.
a) Leading the coordination of work scopes for all parties involved in the testing & commissioning, integration and bringing-into-use of Crossrail into a single programme plan
b) Establishing the concept for the Railway Integration plan and reviewing its representation in schedules, including liaison with the project teams and infrastructure managers
c) Identifying and maintaining programme/project milestones for Railway Integration and schedule interface activity, and reviewing project activities to ensure support of these
d) Managing the planning of all Railway Integration activity, and preparing and reporting on both a weekly and periodic basis against Level 1 and Level 2 Railway Integration schedules
The Day to Day
• Responsible for working with all disciplines to ensure a full understanding of their total project schedule needs, and acquiring scope definition data to define an integrated schedule
• Identifying any problems resulting from interdisciplinary interfaces, understanding their effects, and integrating schedule activities together into a total programme schedule
• In conjunction with the Area Planners, preparing and or reviewing logic and durations to determine whether the schedules will adequately support the overall programme
• Supervising and directing the calculation of durations for all disciplines’ activities, relative to the support of programme milestones, and reviewing and evaluating progress
• Supervising/directing project schedule staffing and quantity reporting
• Performing project schedule analysis, and studies of problem areas, and to recommend alternatives for schedule improvement to all disciplines for discussion and/or decision
• Responsible for leading the development and review of schedule recovery plans, including evaluation of additional resources/costs required to effect such plans
• Compiling and maintaining historical schedule data, and being responsible for ensuring that schedule backup and archiving is carried out in accordance with programme requirements
A little bit about you
• Relevant degree in systems integration or supply chain or business management
• Experience in programme management of major projects
• Experience in translating complex strategies into clear plans to deliver specific objectives
• Experience in Six Sigma planning and analysis techniques
• Experience in NEC3 contracts
• Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
• Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Office Applications, visio, powerpoint, and excel, for example
• Experience of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and start-up work processes.
• Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
Location: Canary Wharf
Duration: 5+ Month
Rate: Negotiable (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.