Please check your email .
Our client is a well renowned manufacturer within the rail industry, and it is in need of a manufacturing engineer to join its team to help deliver the most advanced vehicles in its category.
Key Responsibilities and Skills Required:
- To liaise with Engineering to ensure the design of rail vehicles meets the requirements of the manufacturing philosophy.
- To create Manufacturing documentation (Level4's, Assembly Books, HSE documentation, problem notifications, tooling request forms).
- Budget times achieved for the production of Methods documentation.
- Write Assembly books to enable manufacturing to build vehicles in line with the company's manufacturing process.
- Create Level 4 plans to follow blue book bid hours for each stage / project.
- Create bay layouts to follow the flow line manufacturing process.
- Investigate issues with the product to establish design solutions with engineering.
- Attend design reviews with engineering function to validate design solutions.
- Lead production in the building or the first vehicle of each type.
- Support the implementation of Modifications into the production line.
- Validate production hours in line with Level 4 plans.
- Previous experience in manufacturing / engineering assembly environment
- Previous experience in working with complex vehicles/machines
- Experience with lean manufacturing techniques, DFMA, APQP and or similar, SAP user ideally
- Experience in writing technical documentation i.e. assembly books
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.