Please check your email .
Electrical Asset Manager (Navigation & Communication Systems) - Permanent - Miami, FL
Our client carries millions of passengers every year to a number of exciting locations across the globe. Due to expansion they now seek an Electrical Asset Manager of Navigation and Communication Systems to provide support to the Asset Director and Technical Operation teams by managing various projects and navigation equipment on board vessels.
The management assignment includes working closely with the Electrical and Ship Managers, also ensuring equipment reliability, tracking for obsolescence and compliance as well as overall performance functionality of the ship systems. The chosen candidate may also need to be responsive in case of any emergency situation that may arise.
The job description includes but is not limited to the following functions:
- Assist director to establish and maintain inventory configuration of installed navigation equipment onboard each ship
- Assist director of onboard inspections on dedication systems
- Assist director of Criticality Analysis of Equipment, prioritizing and categorizing equipment with highest critically and impact to operations
- Find cost effective means to maintain/repair/overhaul equipment, optimizing use of ship's crew, Riding Teams and Contractors
- Retrieving input and feedback from Team Members to develop and maintain a detailed project schedule. Communicate with both internal and external parties to organize the essential components needed to initiate, develop, execute and complete all major projects
- Ensure adherence to deadlines by tracking project changes and the effect each change has the schedule and completion date
- Issue Technical Specifications for equipment onboard ships. Verify the plan updates and revise if needed.
- Gain plan approvals from Class/Flag/USCG and other recognized authorities.
- Collaborate with ship managers and other asset managers if necessary for daily operations and project conflicts
- Must assist and participate with upcoming dry docks for projects that are being enforced and implemented onboard ships
The chosen candidate will have the following qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. Master's Degree is preferred
* FCC License with radar endorsement or equivalent. GMDSS Radio operators Maintainer license w/ship radar endorsement
* 5+ years as a field Tech
* Understanding of electrical/ electronic Navigation equipment and systems. Including: Radars, ECDIS, Satcoms, VHF & MF/HF Radios, DGPS, Gyrocompasses, Autopilots, Echo Sounders, GMDSS communication equipment
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate experience with the NACOS Integrated Bridge Systems manufactured by SAM Electronics/Wartsila.
To be selected for this opportunity, candidates must have the right to live and work in the United States.
To apply, or for more information, please contact Jenna Coles on +44 (0) 2392 228 253 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.