Please check your email .
Our client Crossrail is looking for a Rolling Stock Testing Support Engineer to join their team in Old
Oak Common on a contractual basis.
As the Rolling Stock Testing Support Engineer you’ll manage the new Crossrail Class 345 rolling stock test fleet, providing technical, leadership and project management support to Crossrail rolling stock, depot and stabling matters. The position will also manage the technical interfaces for the introduction of new trains into passenger service. The role will involve regular shift-working and occasional weekend working to support the testing programme.
• Substantial modern rolling stock engineering, technical knowledge especially 25 kV fleets, modern signalling systems (ideally CBTC, ETCS), diagnostics and prognostics.
• Strong working knowledge, and direct experience working within routine maintenance railway depot operations, stabling sites, train preparation, remote repair, modification programs and maintenance practices.
• Familiarity with UK and international rolling stock standards.
• Understanding of safety regime within railway industry and railway operations, particularly national rail operators' safety management systems.
• Able to give pragmatic, accurate and timely technical support advice, and project management to internal and external parties.
• Team player with strong collaboration, influencing, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to prepare concise technical and project progress reports.
• Strong delivery ethic, with excellent programme awareness and a commitment for successful delivery to schedule.
• Educated to HNC/D or Degree level in a mechanical, electrical discipline or evidenced equivalent level of practical experience.
• Membership of a professional engineering institution, Chartered Engineer or working towards
• To confidently act as the 'face' of CRL and represent its interests to the supplier organisation and other bodies.
Type: 6+ Month Contract
Location: Old Oak Common Depot
Rate: £Neg (role falls inside IR35 and so the successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.