Please check your email .
Our client Crossrail is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join their Programme Integration Function team at their head office in Canary Wharf on a contractual basis.
As the Senior Test Engineer you enable delivery of Stage 2 of the Crossrail Programme by coordinating and overseeing all ETCS integration signalling tests related activities led by Crossrail. Through the appropriate use of monitoring and reporting processes and through the interaction with stakeholders, examine the detailed requirements of the Formal ETCS Integration tests and put in place plans to check that the required testing and commissioning activities are planned for execution in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner within the parameters of the contracts that exist for Stage 2. You’ll support the business by defining strategy for the execution of works and checking that resources are engaged in a timely manner to assist the delivery of the required Testing works. The role will include leading the management of the data collection and video recording of the Formal ETCS tests (including close coordination with ESOL), conducting post testing forums to discuss the test logs and the production of a draft and final report for approval of the Chief Engineer for issue to relevant stakeholders. In addition the role will include coordination and facilitation to ensure stakeholders resolve any ETCS issues or defects identified by parties in pre CRL testing activities and supporting the coordination of stakeholders who require access for testing to operational proving at Heathrow.
• Excellent knowledge and relevant experience in ETCS and Testing and Commissioning activities. Ideally, the testing and commissioning experience gained will have been on a major railway programme; with relevant licences or certification in systems engineering and project engineering, backed with relevant commissioning experience on major transportation projects.
• Qualified to degree level, with Chartered Engineer status (preferred but will accept similar working experience) and an IRSE or other licence in project and/or test and commissioning competences.
• Ability to effectively organise and in influence project engineering teams in a matrix organisation context.
• Excellent working knowledge of systems engineering, project engineering, testing tools and techniques, rolling stock capabilities, engineering configuration and change control.
• Knowledge and experience in the development of test scenarios, cases and detailed plans for the execution of tests in the safety-related context, ideally on railways.
• Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control.
• Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management, Design Assurance and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
Type: 12+ Month Contract
Location: Canary Wharf
Rate: £Neg (role falls inside IR35 and so any successful candidate will have to operate via an umbrella solution)
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.