Please check your email .
Embedded Firmware Electronic Engineer
My client is seeking an Electronic Engineer with a strong firmware background to take on the lead in further developing their platform.
The successful candidate will be actively involved in developing physical sensing techniques and electronic instruments aimed at providing oil companies with important data about conditions in both new and established oil and gas wells.
- Embedded Firmware Design and development (C, C++, ARM Cortex M0/M4, Xilinx Zync Ultrascale+)
- Responsible for designing, developing and testing electronic circuits and systems to measure ‘real world’ parameters in a hostile downhole environment.
- Be the Design Authority for key areas of technology.
- Working on concurrent designs and projects involving building prototypes, testing, confirming proof of concept
- Analogue and Digital circuit Design.
- Design capture using Altium Designer software
- Work closely with other Design and Manufacturing Engineers and Project Managers
- Technical document preparation – test schedules and procedures.
- Provide on-going product support throughout life cycle of product.
- Degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering
- Proven ability in the design, building and debugging of electronics either in a field environment, research and development or for recent graduates in a hobby environment.
- A passion for Firmware and Electronics engineering design and innovation.
- Is able to develop objected orientated firmware, and use real-time operating systems.
- Strong analytic skills and an ability to break down a problem and work from first principles.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of developing embedded firmware and object orientated code development.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.