Please check your email .
Customer Services Representative
This is your opportunity to work for a globally recognised company who is a leader in construction machinery who have a reputation for highly valuing and rewarding there staff.
JOB SUMMARY: Support various accounts receivable management efforts. Has duties both in the office and in the field. Through telephone contact, collects delinquent active contracts and open items on terminated contracts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Recommends and approves account modifications and executes documents within authority.
2. Ensures the accuracy of accounting input and success of the accounting adjustment.
3. Authorizes equipment repossessions and initiates default notices.
4. Prepares files on repossessed accounts for transfer to repossession specialists to handle sale of assets and requests for legal assistance.
5. Assists in the sale of assets.
6. Calculates contract buyouts and resolves other customer service issues as assigned.
7. Resolves termination and adjustment grief.
8. Reconciles customer accounts.
9. May continue security financing statements.
10. Reports on the subsidiary's past due results and recommends additions, deletions, and modifications to the Potential Credit Loss Report.
11. Directs the customer services team when the manager is absent.
12. Assumes additional and more advanced duties, as assigned, when experience and staffing conditions dictate.
13. Duties performed in the field include collecting delinquent contracts through personal contact.
14. Approves restructures within authority levels.
15. Conducts equipment repossessions.
16. Conducts field equipment audits as assigned and reports collection activity to the manager on a weekly basis.
17. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
18. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowledge of and the ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
2. Knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
3. Knowledge of marketing, credit and customer services concepts and techniques.
4. Knowledge of financing and leasing products of the subsidiary.
5. Knowledge of documentation principles.
6. Knowledge of billing, invoicing, and dealer payment principles and concepts.
7. Knowledge of security filing requirements and their applicability to bankruptcy laws and regulations.
8. Knowledge of and the ability to apply past due account collection techniques and procedures.
9. Knowledge of and the ability to perform math computation skills.
10. Knowledge of and the ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
11. Ability to analyze customer credit summaries and past due accounts.
12. Knowledge of and the ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
13. Ability to prepare marketing reports and marketing related statistical reports.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A university degree or equivalent diploma is recommended.
Equivalent experience may be substituted for education.
Register with ARM's job board to receive the latest opportunities that match your criteria straight in your email inbox, manage your job search and receive our newsletter.
Looking for a different recruitment experience? Work with an award-winning multidisciplinary team of technology and engineering recruitment experts, find out exactly what makes ARM stand apart.